- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the filling
- 1 1/2 cups solid pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- three 8-ounce packages low-fat cream cheese at room temperature. Sometimes labelled as Neufachtel
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon if desired
For the topping
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon, or to taste
- pecan halves or pieces to garnish
Make the crust:
In a bowl combine the cracker crumbs, the finely ground nuts, and the sugars, stir in the butter, and press the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill the crust for 1 hour.
Make the filling:
In a bowl whisk together the pumpkin, the egg, the cinnamon, the nutmeg, the ginger, the cloves, the salt, and the brown sugar. In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the low-fat cream cheese and the granulated sugar, beat in the cream, the cornstarch, the flour, the vanilla, the bourbon liqueur, and the pumpkin mixture, and beat the filling until it is smooth.
Pour the filling into the crust, bake the cheesecake in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 60 minutes, or until the center is just set, and let it cool in .
Make the topping:
In a bowl whisk together the sour cream, the sugar, and the bourbon liqueur.
Spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the cheesecake and bake the cheesecake for 5 minutes more. Let the cheesecake cool in the pan on a rack and chill it, covered, overnight. Remove the side of the pan and garnish the top of the cheesecake with the pecans.